LUPE Young Latina Leadership Scholarships are awarded to distinguished young women who are rising leaders within their communities. The Zulima V. Farber Leadership Scholarship and the Gilda Morales Scholarship are each given to exceptional students for proven leadership in her community and outstanding academic performance.
The 2018 Application Process is now open
Application Postmark Deadline: Wednesday, February 28, 2018
The eligible candidate should be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university as a full-time undergraduate student in New Jersey. Scholarship winners will be announced shortly after the deadline and each deserving student will be invited to receive their award during one of our special events. If you require additional information please contact us via email at email@example.com. You may also contact the Scholarship Committee Chairs,
Diana Calle, at (908) 986-8650 or Maria Del Cid at (732) 208-0822.
Scholarship Award Criteria:
- Currently enrolled full-time undergraduate students of an accredited NJ college or university
- Personal Statement: This statement must demonstrate your writing skills, personal strengths & goals, professionalism, financial need, community involvement, and other qualities you think we should know about you. Length of statement must be NO MORE THAN 500 words in English.
- Two Letters of Recommendation: At least one should be from a professor, teacher or a community leader.
- School Transcript: Must be in good academic standing and have a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (unofficial transcript is acceptable)
- Essay: No more than 500 words addressing one of the essay questions.