LUPE Fund, Inc. was formally organized in 2003 by a group of Latina women whose combined talents and commitment would be a catalyst for moving Latinas forward within the civic arena of New Jersey.
The mission of LUPE is to Educate, Empower, and Engage Latinas to promote Leadership and Civic Engagement. We strive to positively affect public policy in the areas of child care, education, economic development, and health. For more information visit our website www.lupenj.org.
II. Request for Proposal
LUPE Fund is seeking a consultant who can help build its organizational capacity to raise funds for its operations and programs. LUPE Fund is presently a 16-year-old all-volunteer led association of women members who would like to transition into a fully staffed organization in meeting its mission serving the emerging needs of Latina women. We are anticipating 10-15 hours a month based on an annual work plan mutually developed by both the consultant and the members of the Resource Development Committee. Hours are flexible and can be adjusted to support high and low season. We are seeking a consultant or firm that will remain connected with our work helping us grow our capacity over time. The scope of work entails the following:
- Develop and implement an annual resource development plan of what is feasible to do in prospecting, applying for grants, sending appeal letters and preparing boilerplate proposals that board members can send to their contacts.
- Create and maintain a donor database tracking system of all grants and applications processes and their deadlines
- Prepare follow up reports on how the funds were spent for donors as required.
- Provide bi-monthly reports to the committee and the board which measure progress towards achieving the plan.
- Acknowledgment of all gifts and donations.
- Participate in Resource Development committee meetings where applicable
- Develop and implement direct donor mailings, appeal letters, and other donor mailings as needed
- Keep records of all fund development files on a shared drive such as Google
- Provide guidance on developing critical documents needed for preparing proposals
Requirement: If interested in this position, please provide an estimate that includes a cost breakdown of what these services may entail for 12 months. Please let us know if you need any additional information.
III. Timeline for Selection of Consultant
- Bid proposals Due by 5pm, April 5, 2019
- Committee Review and Interviews by April 12, 2019
- Selected bid presented to the Executive Committee on April 15, 2019
- Notify all candidates by April 19, 2019
- Notify LUPE Fund Board of Trustees via email by April 19, 2019
- Work to begin no later than May 1, 2019
Additional documents to include:
- Two references of clients served that are similar to LUPE Fund
- Background information of consultant work and expertise
Mail proposal to:
Iveth Mosquera, Chairperson, LUPE Fund Resource Development Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org